1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stock component speakers?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Dactyl, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Dactyl

Dactyl New Member

I am interested in upgrading my sound system. Been reading some posts about installs/setups. I assumed that my front door speakers where just regular speakers. When I looked at them I noticed that the tweeter was separate from the speaker. So would that be the stock setup? or did the person before me install some component speakers? Have not had the time to remove the screen/panel to inspect further so can not be sure if there is a name brand. I thought for a second I might have the Bose system everyone was talking about, but I do not have any Bose tagging so I guess that rules that out.
  2. bloozy

bloozy New Member

No Bose

I have had the Bose system in a couple of vehicles and I can testify to this....

If your vehicle had the GM/Bose system in it, it would sound FRIGGIN AWSOME and you would not even be considering changing it.

My $.02
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Its the stock set-up, GM starting using seperate tweets in the trucks in the 95-99 sesigned trucks.

GM also makes it very well known if you have a Bose set-up in your vehicle so if its not on the speaker grills on the door or on the actual head unit then it is just the stock Delco stereo
  4. Dactyl

Dactyl New Member

Well, I don't have it then. There is no badge anywhere. There was a couple post said that the Bose speakers were not the best and it was hard to switch components in a Bose setup. :neutral: Glad to hear someone is happy with it though. I have always liked Bose speakers from the home.
  5. Dactyl

Dactyl New Member

Ah okay, did not know that about the stock speaker guess we will see how they sound with a aftermarket stereo or maybe a amp? I still want to upgrade my system. I started a blog if yall want to check it out. :great:
  6. bloozy

bloozy New Member

Ah.

Well, not even I will say that they are the best. You can get louder, and you can get better for sure.

What I am saying is that the GM/Bose set ups are finely tuned sound systems, with each speaker placed and powered to sound exceptional and correct with the others.

It's a precision sound system. It's my opinion that most who have it find it very satisfactory and perhaps the expense of replacing it unjustifiable.

That said, if your taste runs more to the "Boom-Boom-Boom" sound, you probably will not agree with me.
  7. Dactyl

Dactyl New Member

Gotcha, that is just what I had found when I was searching to see if I had Bose or not. I am not saying they are bad or good. I dont know. The way you describe it though seems to be what I am looking for. Definitely dont want to much bass, I am deaf as it is.
  8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member 100 Posts

I just ordered a new 2010 Savana without a stereo. GMC wanted $360 for a crap factory system which is not worth it.
    So I will get an Alpine system.

You can get excellent speakers for around $100.
    I am getting the Alpine http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alpine+-+Type-S+6-1/2%22+2-Way+Coaxial+Car+Speakers+with+Poly-Mica+Cones+%28Pair%29/8699429.p?id=1199494646605&skuId=8699429

and an Alpine head unit.....which you can get from $100-200. I am getting the ida-x303 $199.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1~~cabcat0300000%23%230%23%237n~~cabcat0302000%23%230%23%2343~~cabcat0302012%23%230%23%231g~~q4661737433736b753231~~nf398||416c70696e65&list=y&nrp=15&sc=carSP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0300000
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  9. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

With out causing a flame war, Bose is FAAARRRRRRR from the best. Even far from the top actually. In the audio industry, there is a saying, "no highs, no lows, must be Bose". Don't get me wrong, for a stock system, they are ok, but it cannot be compared to an aftermarket setup.

It would be like comparing a cold air intake to a supercharger. A CAI would be fine for lots, but it could never be compared to the "best" or even near the top of power adders.

Some people love Bose, and that's great and all that matters in the end.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  10. ZSI52

ZSI52 New Member 100 Posts

Agreed......