Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Stock Gears?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ..chevy4life.., Jun 9, 2010.

1. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

im a noob when it comes to all this rear end gear talk. ive been reading and trying to figure it all out. How do i know what gears i have now?? I have a 09 silverado LT 5.3L?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The way to find out What Gears you have......In your Glove Box is a White Sticker and on it....you will see the Trucks Vin # and a Series of Letters and Number's,those are RPO Code's....Which stands for Regular Production Options....In Short it what your Truck came with from the Factory.

To find out what Gears you have you will be looking for the following,

GU5......3.23
    GU6......3.42
    GT4.......3.73
    GT5.......4.10

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  3. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

Yea thanks i actually just found that out. Its the G80 and i looked it up and all it says is Positraction limited slip. what ratio is that tho?

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

In my Post above......You are going to be looking for.....One of those Sets of Letter's and Number's......for the Gear Ratio.....

The Rear Gears I have in my Truck.....are 3.73......Which is RPO Code....GT4

The G-80 is Pos/Traction,Limited Slip......It is Not a Gear Ratio....I also have the G-80 in my Truck.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  5. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

oh ok. yea i looked the first time and G80 was the only G i saw but i guess i looked to quik lol. Thanks for your help. i have 3.42