Stock GM Accessory Button (Strobe Lights)

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Signaturesv, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Signaturesv

Signaturesv Member

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2010 GMC Sierra WT. Single Cab. My work is now requiring me to install Yellow Hazard Lights (LED Strobes in grill and light beacons on my Backrack) on my truck. Which I have no problem with =)

I was wondering if anyone had the part number for the Accessory light switch. Below is what is directly off the GMC Website

"Provision for Cab Roof-Mounted Lamp/Beacon, Provides an instrument panel-mounted switch and electrical wiring tucked beneath the headliner for a body upfitter to connect a body-mounted warning or emergency lamp. 30-amp nominal rating. Not available with rearview camera system or Universal Home Remote."

The reason i want it is because ive seen other people cheesy switches that comes with the stobe kits or some from radio shack. I want my cab to look as Stock as possible.

Thanks!

2. Lee Indy

Lee Indy Member

why dont you just hide the switch. ive done dozens of switch installs that were out of the way. console is a good one. just under the dash is good too. ive even done a push button under the head liner so you would never know it was there unless you pressed it.

3. Signaturesv

Signaturesv Member

thanks! I like that idea, do you have a special kind of switch to use in the headliner?