Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Stock or lower???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by COUSINMIKE, Dec 8, 2009.

1. COUSINMIKE

COUSINMIKE New Member

I recently aquired a set of avalanche/tahoe ltz 20" wheels but they dont seem to fit because of the lift my truck has. The wheels are hitting the upper arm because of the spindles. Should i get rid of the lift and return it to stock or should i just buy a lowring kit so it will sit lower than stock??? Any recomondations for lowering kits???

2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

You could get a set of wheel adapters/spacers to move the wheels out so you'd have clearance..

3. COUSINMIKE

COUSINMIKE New Member

I thought about the spacers but i have a bad history with those things...

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can you give us the specifics of your truck; make, model, 4wd/2wd, lift info, anything to give us a better understanding why they arent fitting?

5. Waco

Waco Member

Cars are made to be lowered. Trucks are made to be raised. That's how I was raised anyway... ;)

6. COUSINMIKE

COUSINMIKE New Member

its a 2003 2wd silverado 1500 extcab, no lift info the truck came with it when i purchased it. Upper arms are hitting the tire...

7. COUSINMIKE

COUSINMIKE New Member

Not when you use you truck for actual work...I just want it stock height to make it easier to load and offload motorcycles... So before i decide wether to bring it back down to stock height or lower just needed some suggestions, thank you for yours.:lol:

8. 2009silverado

2009silverado Rockstar

Just get you a 2 or 2.5 inch leveling kits. It doesn't mess with your stock suspension and will give you the clearance you require. Plus will get rid of that annoying nose down look. Measure the middle of the rear wheel fender to the ground and do the same to the front to see how much you'll need to go. Just google leveling kits and find one that works for you.