1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stock radio will not play burned cds

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 99svtgreensnake, Feb 25, 2010.

1. 99svtgreensnake

99svtgreensnake New Member

01 yukon with 40 k miles on her like new but will not play burned cd's need to replace the radio?
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Make sure that you finish makeing the disc... Some writing programs leave the disc "open" so you can add more data later... Also make sure your making a CD Audio disc and not a Juke Bux or MP3 disc...
  3. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

if its MP3 it wont play it, you have to create it as a standard disc, with normal amount of songs on it
  4. buffalojoem

buffalojoem New Member

Agree.........
    When burning, you have to select a NORMALIZE feature in your CD burning software that will take your recordings out of MP3 mode.
  5. 99svtgreensnake

I made a new cd and nada! Could it be the cd player anyone else with an 01 with this issue? What cd rs do you use?
  6. scrappiedew1

scrappiedew1 New Member

it has to be able to read the cd ....cd-r or cd-rw ....r = read and rw= read write so you will have to replace the unit DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO READ THOSE CDS
  7. jackd up

jackd up New Member

My 02 Prizm would not play a rewriteable cd when I burned songs. If I remember right it would show ERR on screen.
    Dan
  8. hbfsbull

hbfsbull New Member

I have the same problem in my 01 1500 . wont play burned disks at all
  9. 99svtgreensnake

I found that Imation cd's will paly in the player. It seems to be very tempermental with other discs.
  10. Thundare

Thundare New Member

When you burn a CD it needs to be Finalized, try using winamp its free and good for burning cd's, i use it in my stock 95 and 96.