Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stock Rims or Aftermarket Rims????

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by alabamaxrebel, Oct 13, 2011.

?

Do you like the stock rims or should I get aftermarket rims?

1. Keep stock rims

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  2. Get aftermarket rims

15 vote(s)
    53.6%
  1. alabamaxrebel

alabamaxrebel Rockstar 100 Posts

Should I keep my stock rims or should I get aftermarket rims?

I personally like my stock rims with my truck.

[​IMG]
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would say......stick with your Factory/Stock 18in" Alloy Rims, those Rims along with the......20in" Alloy Rims from the 07" and up NNBS Silverado's.....Sierra's and Tahoe are.....IMO are the Best Looking Rims that G.M./Chevy has Come out with Date....GREAT looking Rims!!!

......Forgot to mention, those Factory 18's Look Great on your Truck!!!.......:great:
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I like the stock 5 spokes.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I say keep your stock rims but put aftermarkets on your truck.
  5. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I had a car once with painted steel rims and a hub cap that looked like a bottle cap. I replaced those puppies. But when you have a good looking set of rims, it does not make sense to me to get new ones. Well, unless their age starts to show and looking at your truck starts to remind you of the view you get walking the dog.
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i gota cote stockers, aftermarket ones that ive ever liked were real spendy, and I love the rims on my truck, and the 18 inch 5 spokes you have look awsome with those tires. spend the money you would on the rims on other goodies. like a super charger!!!!

Alex
  7. Klutch Mclovin

Klutch Mclovin Rockstar 100 Posts

I personally like aftermarket wheels, but for your truck I think chrome is too much flash and black wheels would kinda look ugly.
  8. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I do like the stock rims but I know many aftermarket rims that look awesome on a lifted truck like yours so 10" or 12" wide rims will look good but I would go for chrome
  9. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Aftermarket, and black to match your accessories. The stockers look nice, but I would worry about the width of the wheel vs. the width of your tires. Plus IMO wide tires don't look right on narrow wheels...they look much better on a x10 or even a x12.
  10. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 Member 100 Posts

I've been thinking about throwing bigger tires on my stock 16's, but I have to think the Mass way and get 2 sets. Mass laws suck, cant even lift your truck over 3" without it being a problem