1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stock wheels, 07-09's on a 99-03?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Snappy, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Snappy

Snappy New Member

Hey folks. From what I've seen, it looks like the wheels from a newer (07+) Silverado/Tahoe/Avalanche/Suburban etc. will fit an older (99-03) truck because it's the same bolt pattern and back spacing. I know the newer trucks require 17" plus and mine is 16". Since nicer stock wheels are dirt cheap I was looking at replacing my older steelies with something more distinguished. I'm thinking 17's or 18's, and 18's seem to have more tire options that are actually cheaper. Any thoughts?

I'd also like to get a bit more tire, especially with the leveling kit I'm putting on tomorrow. I've seen the calculators and lists of what fits and whatnot, I just don't want to spend a ton in it. Again, I said a little bit more...so many times I see "I'd like a bit more power" and people reply "swap in a twin turbo 502!" Any suggestions would be great.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm looking to get set a of Factory 18's from the 07' & up NNBS as a set of Winter Rims.I went with aftermarket 18's with a tire size of 285/55 right now.If you look on E-bay or Local Craigs list,you can find 18's for fair price,the 20's are harder to find then the 18's.
  3. zachb91

zachb91 Rockstar

i had 285 75 16s on my stock 04 silverado with cranking my torsion bars upi got the allumin rims on mine ive seen them for 10 bucks a peace around here in indiana just a thoughtsince tires are cheaper on 16s than 17 or 18s
  4. blcdog

blcdog New Member

I have set of 20's w/ Bridgestones on them off my 08 Suburban LT with few miles. I dropped to 17's as my daily shoes.