1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stock window tint removable?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ippielb, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Okay, sorry for all the posts, I've decided i want to chrome my truck out, and having the black window tint, just makes it seem, awkward. So, I was wondering if I'm able to remove the stock window tint, to install this kind of tint to my truck.
    [​IMG]
    Chrome Mirror Window tint. But there's a problem. Are the stock windows smoked? or tinted? If they're smoked, what do you think it would look like if i put this mirror tint behind it? Just ugly as sin? Or would it look neat?

Thanks!
  2. red_z71

red_z71 New Member

if yer windows are smoked and you put the mirror tint on it would prolly still look ok, but it would still be dark like you do not want. personally even if you are doin chrome i think it looks better to have black tint. i kinda think mirror tint is tacky, just one guys opinion though.
  3. blueZ71

blueZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

If you're talking about the rear windows in an extended cab silverado then as far as my knowledge goes no you can not remove the tint as it's not a film that was applied the glass is molded with the tint in it.
  4. ippielb

Thank's guys, I guess I'll buy a tiny little sample roll to see what it would look like. Before i go out and splurge on the big roll. Yeah, it might look tacky, but with chrome all over the truck, it'll look nice! Well i think.
  5. 04SilverChevy

04SilverChevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I don't think that it looks that bad. I think of chrome tint and such more of for show trucks. I would never do it. And even if i did PA cops would have my ass along side the road in a heartbeat :)
  6. ippielb

People where I'm from have 5% tint on their vehicles, and the cops don't care. At night you can't even see out the back at all. That's why i was kind of hoping you could remove the back tint, because this mirror tint is 20%. Alot better then 5%.
  7. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Yeah, its alot better than five. but the cops might be more inclined to pull you over with 20% mirror tint than they would for 5% smoke tint.. The mirror tinti causes distractions, and can blind people in the sunlight.. Something to think about.
  8. ippielb

True. Never thought of it that way. I bet the stock tint would actually help with distractions and reflections. But still remotely give it that chrome look.
  9. red_z71

red_z71 New Member

around here they're starting to get real strict on window tint, my buddy got pulled over for having 35% tint on his truck the other day. but i think it would look prety cool to have mirror tint on top of the stock tint. you should post some pics so we can see how it turns out.
  10. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

35? seriously? i have 15all around on mine includint over the stock tint. i want to go 5, but i need a backup camera first. only bad thing about that is that the cops have been real tight on us about tint too