Stolen navigation

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by brendanmclarke, Jan 16, 2010.

1. brendanmclarke

brendanmclarke New Member

I have a 2008 Suburban LTZ and some of the fine Detroit residents decided they needed my factory navigation more than me and stole it (Bose, nav, XM, DVD, backup camera, AM/FM and supports RSE). I am installing a replacement tomorrow, but this new unit is an upgrade from my previous model and offers and IPOD AUX input jack on the back of the head unit. Does anyone know if GM sells the IPOD hookup wire for this direct connection? The AUX jack is mini-USB and I do not see any option direct from Apple. Anyone have any insight?

2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sorry to hear about your luck; and welcome to the site from a nicer Michigan resident!

If the nav unit is a GM part, them there is probably an aux jack available - you just have to ask the right parts guy. Otherwise, I would suggest Radio Shack or a stereo shop.

Good luck,

3. jhbrennan

jhbrennan New Member

That sucks. So many people complain about the GM nav I can't imagine anyone strealing it. Are you sure the new unit will work with your vintage Suburban? I know there will be some BCM programming to be done by the dealer - let us know how it all works out.

4. Scuba0459

Scuba0459 New Member

Ipod interface

I bought one from Crutchfields and installed it myself. the interface goes between the head unit and the satellite radio box. I installed it in about 10 minutes. The ipod shows up on Channel 99 and the version I bought is set up so I can control most of the IPOD from the steering wheel controls. I hooked mine up so that I can also have my Sirus receiver connected at the same time.

All I need to find now is a 12V switched output so that the Sirus box will turn off when I switch the truck off.

Hope this helps,

Albert

5. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club and sorry that had to happen, I know that bestbuy sells a product that hooks up behind the head unit and plugs into the ipod to play though the radio, charges the ipod and allows you to use your steering wheel control so you don't have to mess with the ipod, me neighbor has one and loves it. I really want one but last time I checked they didn't make them for the 09s yet, just through 08

6. Scuba0459

Scuba0459 New Member

my Yukon XL is a 2009

the interface I bought is connected to my 09 Yukon XL with the Bose speakers and no navigation. The instruction manual shows that it works with Navigation as well. It charges the IPOD as well.

Albert