straight pipes, cats only, or full exhaust with mufflers???

Discussion in 'POLLing place' started by 00chevy53, Sep 22, 2011.

?

straight pipes, cats only, or mufflers?

Poll closed Oct 22, 2011.
  1. straight pipes

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. cats only

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  3. mufflers

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  1. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

So whats your poision?
    straight pipes and setting off car alarms constantly... cats only loud but not too loud... or keep it real with a muffler?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Straight pipes and cats only have certain RPM ranges that they sound to loud in or to raspy, mufflers normally tone things down and give the exhaust a mellow burble.

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm at the age where I need a muffler, lol, although I certainly do appreciate the sound of a loud well tuned V8. If it's crackling all the time I think it sounds like a$$.

4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

All I did was convert my factory 2 into 1 to be a true dual exhaust with a flow master muffler. Love the sound though my wife calls me a redneck. Then again, she called me that before I changed the exhaust...:confused:

5. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like straight pipes and setting of car alarms in car garages :) :)

6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I think you'll get best results with a proper exhaust system w/ cats and a quality muffler IMO.

7. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

I think running straight pipes or no mufflers sounds as bad as the punks running around in their beatup Hondas with the fart cans. Nothing sounds as good as a V8 running Flowmasters.

8. o3gerber

o3gerber Rockstar 100 Posts

i love the sound of a set of straight pipes, but you can never go wrong with a good flowmaster, they always sound good for a v8