Strange Issue

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by cmcoram, Jul 21, 2012.

1. cmcoram

cmcoram New Member

Hey guys, got a weird problem here. My wife was driving her '03 Trailblazer the other night, and when she switched on the brights, the engine died. She switched the brights of and cranked it again, and a few mintes later, when she hit the brights again, the engine once again died. Leading up to this issue, she's noticed the left turn signal blinks fast, as if one of the bulbs or the relay is bad, but it only happens intermittently. And when it is happening, the A/C isn't cooling properly. I've changed the bulbs for the signals and ensured that the A/C was charged properly, but this new brights/enine failure issue has me stumped. Anyone experienced anything similar, and if so, what advice can you give? Thanks.

Chris

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  2. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hmm, I've never experienced this issue but may be able to lend a hand. Have you checked the battery, if not that may be it. Seems like the vehicle doesn't have enough juice to power everything. If your battery is good then I would check the alternator, it could be the vehicles power is not being distributed equally.. If you don't feel comfortable checking these things then you can always goto your local car/part store and I'm sure they would be more than happy to assist you. Best of luck!

-Forum runner for iPhone

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I agree, sounds like a alternator/battery issue to me.

Alex

4. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Ive seen a poor ground to chassis do similiar wierd things like this with headlights. Make sure your grounds are sound.

5. cmcoram

cmcoram New Member

Thanks for the advice. I recently changed the battery, and the alternator checked out ok at that time. But that was a couple of months ago. I'll have it checked again. Thanks again for the replies and advice.