1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strange Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Silver Chevy, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Silver Chevy

Silver Chevy New Member

Has any on notice when driving on the highway over 60 a strange noise, coming from around the top of the windshield.. sounds like hundreds of stones,,,,
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. Silver Chevy

Silver Chevy New Member

Ok ,,, been doing some looking around through the posts,,,, Is this sound I hear coming from this vent that everyone is talking about
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

By the "vent" do you mean the aspirator? The quarter size speaker looking thing above your head in the head liner? Those do go bad. They are easy to pull apart, clean, and lube.
  4. Silver Chevy

Silver Chevy New Member

No this is around the whole top of the windshield,,, sounds like hundreds of stones hitting the windshield,,, faster I go the more its there
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wind coming through a bad seal, maybe? That would explain the increase in volume/sound as you drive faster...
  6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

try pulling of your wipers and bug shiled if you have one, sometimes those can mess with airflow and make odd noises.

Alex
  7. TonyS

TonyS New Member

I have a bug shield and a similar noise. In my truck it sounds like it is at the top of the windshield on the passenger side. Similar sounds to when rain droplets fly off the hood and hit the windshield.
  8. Silver Chevy

Silver Chevy New Member

Tonys ,,, you might just have ,,Thanks all ,,, I'll try each thing
  9. RedneckRucker16

RedneckRucker16 New Member

I had to have my windshield resealed. I had a bad wind noise over 45mph
  10. jfeezie

jfeezie New Member

I just noticed a similar noise this morning on my way to work. Almost sounded like radio static coming through the A pillar speakers but I turned the radio off noise persisted. Just installed a WeatherTech bug deflector a few days ago, wondering if that could be creating the noise...