Street Biker Gang Attacks Family in Range Rover

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 2, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I would have had the mindset to know that a moving range Rover is a total overmatch for a biker and I would have kept running then down until police arrived. Can't let yourself very boxed in either.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Wow! First time I have seen that video; crazy. I would have done my best to get to a police station or other area that has a heavy law enforcement presence.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A ssomeone who lives around this area I will tell you.. First off look at the video first and see the 4 wheeler :gasp: Not street legal in NYC.. These guys do this all the time They get in front of drivers Slow down everyone to do there BS Stunts Wheelies and other Crap!! The do it on the GSP, Westside Hwy and all over NY.. So when This group wanted to have fun this time they tried to stop a 5000Lbs Truck with a family inside.. What would you do?

Me Ran over as many as I could and NOT Look back.. If they tried to drive up next to me.. CUT the A Holes OFF... They GET what they deserve.... There should NOT be any blame on the Driver of the Range Rover..
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well the only thing you can do if they box you in and stop you is get on your phone and call 911. But at the same time calling 911 is not going to stop them from acting like children and potentially hurting you or your family by the time the cops can even reach you in that case.

The driver did what he had to do and as the news stands this morning the driver was not charged and the bikers are at fault. I completely agree with how the driver of the land rover handled the situation considering the video that we are watching.

The biker(s) clearly and with intent, created a situation that they should not have. Video works both ways. That is why I have multiple video camera's mounted on the truck now.

And I have been interested in getting a bike and I am not against bikers, but that does not change the fact that when a group of bikers get together, the "MOB" mentality sets in and they think they are above the law and can do anything they want.
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If it was me and my vehicle I wouldn't slow down and I would have the police on the phone as I continued to drive. If one tried to slow me down by stopping in front of me he'd be very unhappy when my chrome bumper smashes his bike. I rather have to buff rubber and blood off my truck then have any member of my family get hurt.
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I believe that the driver of the SUV was charged with reckless driving. If I were in that situation I probably would have done almost the same thing. I may have backed up first, I don't know what was behind him and I was not there so I really can't blame the guy for what he did. I could tell you one thing, they would have never gotten next to my truck a second time! Like said above, I would be on the phone with police and swerving all over. I would have never stopped in that traffic like when the driver got stuck and they pulled him out and beat him. I would have thrown it in reverse, then forward, then reverse. No way in hell would they have a second chance at attempting to injury me, my wife or my 3 kids.

I read a story about one of the guys that got run over. He is now paralyzed. They linked to a facebook page for the guy. You should see the overwhelming outpouring of people posting on the page that the guy deserved it. I mean people are telling this guys family off! He was hanging out with thugs and was not eligible for a drivers license again until 2017! While it stinks that they guys life is now destroyed, I think that I would have reacted the same way as the SUV driver. But, my yukon xl has much less ground clearance than that range rover so I probably would have ended up dragging a bike or person with me.
  8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

So I dont think the news clip showed the whole video. They were pulled off you tube but still on liveleak. Its common for these groups to do damage to vehicles they are blocking as well as getting into little fender benders and then demanding money.

In the longer video it shows the SUV got on the Freeway but got stuck in the crowd. Then you see in one of the videos a biker rides up along side, yells at the driver, pulls in front, and then brake checks the SUV getting bumped. The SUV stops and then the crowd begins to swarm. They start banging on the SUV and slash the tire. At this point the Driver takes off. Rightfully so as that is a potentially life threatening situation and he had his family in the car. The chase goes on for about six miles before he pulls off, which was his mistake because he got stuck in city traffic. Once he got stuck in traffic, he should have put it in reverse and gunned it. They then pull him out of the car and beat and slash him. The cops already had over 200 calls on the bikers that day as well as the SUV. Supposedly he pulled off because of the flat tires but until the cops show the safest place for him was his SUV and highway. Goes to show if you have a big enough group the cops wont do much.
    [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION], it wasnt him charged with reckless driving, it was the guy that brake checked him. He also got charged with child endangerment and something else (the motorcycle guy not the SUV driver) Then yesterday the DA said they werent pressing charges yet without more investigating.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe this is the right link to more video. I cant go to liveleak at work but this was a link posted in another forum about it that I'm on

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just read an article about it and really both sides acted wrong, the SUV driver had merged on the highway dangerously and the original biker was trying to tell the man to calm down and then both sides took each others actions wrong and it just kept getting worse. The driver shouldn't of run over the biker and the bikers should not of beat him or damaged the car that escalated the situation. When I first heard of it I though it was just a random act of violence, but its really just every one not thinking before acting.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In my opinion the bikers were looking for trouble. If you watch any of the videos that are posted they have a mentality of being above the law. Running red lights, cutting people off, just being outright menaces to society. If anyone crossed their path and did something that they did not like they were going to take care of that person. I have seen groups like this, heck I unfortunately have been in a group like this. (as an observer of course, I am not a Douche!)