1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Street Biker Gang Attacks Family in Range Rover

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

I have to disagree only because of the number of videos I have seen on this group (on that day and others) and it shows a pattern of behavior. After the mob first assembled on the vehicle with a known tactic of brake checking to stop someone, the SUV driver was in fear for his safety and had every right to get the hell out of their. the videos that are posted on liveleak show no such dangerous driving by the SUV driver leading up to the initial incident.
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Screw motorcycle riders, I don't care who you are. Crap like what is seen in the video is unacceptable. Riders are always all like,"Whaaa, watch out for us!" "Share the road with us!!" bla bla bla, cry some more. And they go and do stupid stuff like gang up on people, ride down the shoulder in stop-and-go traffic (illegal) and park in the striped areas next to handicapped parking (also illegal). Riders are always asking for other motorists to repsect them and the riders don't follow the rules of the road or even common decency. I don't put up with hypocracy. Sorry, if you ask me, I couldn't care less about motorcylce riders. If something like what is seen in the video were to happen to me, every one of those fools would get shot.
  3. dsfloyd

These arent your typical bike riders. Most of the bikes had no plates, ATVs etc. Like I said these gangs go around disrupting traffic and damaging vehicles often.

Someone posted one of the original videos on youtube again as they were all pulled down shortly after incident (hmm I wonder why). No evidence of the Rover doing anything dangerous to start it. If he did why did the guy with the main video edit it out as well as the beating they put on the guy at the end. The guy in the land rover stopped after he bumped the guy (who did it on purpose) and took off after they started hitting his car and slashing tires. They were celebrating their anniversary and he had his wife and 2 year old daughter in the car. No where does it show he was being reckless to start the incident. The driver of the SUV has every right to protect his family from a bunch of thugs. Everything points to this gang doing what they commonly do.

Embedding for video is disabled but link works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw&feature

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Occasionally we get some groups like this down near the city. You will be driving down the freeway at 70mph with a car next to you and 5-6 A$$Hats on a motorcycles come screaming in between you and the car next to you, nearly decapitating themselves with my side mirror. The result is usually one of two things, first, you see them a mile down the road laying on the ground after they smeared their rear ends across the pavement for 1/2 a mile after a wreck or second, the cops have them pulled over two miles down the road. We have some real biker gangs in the area also. The Highway men, outlaws, and renegades are 1%er biker gangs in the area. you don't want to mess with them, but they are also respectful. They actually have been known to stop violent acts at public gatherings. if they were around for this they probably would have stepped in. Every year they call all of the "presidents" of so called mc clubs like this to a meeting. Then they proceed to beat the hell out of them and destroy their bikes.you would figure that these guys would catch on, or maybe they have, but you don't tell these guys "no"
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Being a driver in the NJ/NY area every night I do about 65-70 in my Big Truck They race by doing 90+ Without a Care in the world..
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

From that extended video it looks like they broke so many laws its not even funny, last time I checked "dirt bikes" and 4 wheelers were not legal on highways. They should all be given 90 days in jail.
  7. dsfloyd

yep and the cops just turn a blind eye to it because there are so many of them. Once again these arent your typical motorcyclists, they are nothing but thugs and a few got what they deserved.
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Yup, and that's the biggest problem right there: most major cities have "no chase" protocol for motorcylces (particularly crotch rockets) as they are much faster/agile than cop cars so it's actually more dangerous to the public for cops to try chase them down.
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

I feel lucky my town has procedures for ATVs, snowmobiles and dirt bikes. We have a major state park and a couple large local parks that teens use ATVs and dirt bikes illegally and the police department has been given ATVs, side-by-sides and such to patrol trails and what not during the summer so kids don't use them. Also we also have motorcycle police in our city and regular cops who will gladly use their Crown Vick to smash anything your riding or driving.
  10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

McClintock: This isnt your normal law abiding rider, this is a gang of thugs and idiots that was looking for a problem.
    As a motorcycle rider I can tell you riders with maturity and common sense avoid things like this, motorcycle vs vehicle always results in bad news for the rider. On the other side theres a lot of vehicle drivers that are just plain stupid, as a rider you have to watch for them, both sides need to respect others on the road period.
    This guy owns a Range Rover but doesnt have a cell phone capable of dialing 911?
    Over the last year activities of this type have become popular among SportBike riders, weve had a few similar incidents in Dallas and at least 1 incident resulting in a riders death, no pitty here for a rider that intentionally puts themself in a dangerous situation. Hopefully this is a fad that dies out quickly.
    My personnal recommendation is if you see it happening record as many plate numbers as you can, eithet by pen and paper or cell phone camera and make sure your safe.