1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Street Biker Gang Attacks Family in Range Rover

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I thought I heard that they did but not positve, and the cops already had 200 calls on those riders at that point. Another issue is almost all were without plates.

and I agree these aren't typical bikers. There are jack offs in both groups of riders and cars, but most on both sides are usually pretty good.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you saw the news His wife called 911 over 4 times..

- - - Updated - - -

In NYC they don't chase them because the know the bikers would go on to sidewalks to get away and possibly hurt more people..
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We only see and hear what the media wants us to. Never heard a word about them calling the Police.
    So whats the Police excuse for not making a more timely arrival?
    I mean from every video Ive seen this whole episode took some time, even if they werent physically chasing the bikes they couldve protected the family, all that distance and there wasnt an available prowl car that could respond?
    Dont get me wrong Im an advocate of Police officers but there was a rather large time lag there.
    We saw this same response in Dallas when they had a similar incident early this summer, somethings wrong when Police responce times are that far off in a life or death situation. Especially in a city/state that bans responsable citizens from possesing the means to protect themselves by allowing only criminals to have weapons.
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

that has been grinding at me since I saw this video, I have yet to hear anything about them calling the police...
    the media talked about the 6-mile chase, and how they caught up to the driver and he took off again only to be stopped a final time and beaten, you would think in all that time the driver or his wife would have been on the phone with 911 begging for help immediately, and with how they shouldve sounded on the phone I would think that the police might see it as a serious priority to get to the family to protect them.
    and that is true though, if it was mentioned that the wife was on the phone with the police, it is amazing how long it took for them to get to them... just a horrible situation for the driver, if he wouldve just kept moving maybe that wouldve given police ample time to catch up
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Perhaps this was a "hate crime" SUV driver was an oriental
    No one mentioned it-but the bikers were all from another minority group-weren't they black hispanics?
    Biker gangs are usually racially ethnically homogenous
    Very few car drivers would be adequately armed in NYNY right?
    This is one time a pistol-would have come in handy-high capacity pistol-2 mags

My 98 Suburban- not much ground(motorcycle and rider) clearance-
    Yeah lets hear it for a hate crime-safe bet they were calling him by an ethnic slur!
  6. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

Re: biker gang attacks family

If I was there then I drive very slowly. We should not use phone when driving I think that very big cause of accidents. This biker gang is very young and they don’t know the rule and regulation of driving.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I don't believe that to be true for one single second. All of the "eyewitnesses" who are claiming that the Range Rover acted improperly were the bikers themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem is that many of these riders had no license plate on their vehicle. The guy who got run over it's been reported has never had a drivers license.

- - - Updated - - -

It's hard for the police to dispatch a unit to a moving target. I know this first hand after being behind a driver going 30 MPH on the freeway while I could see her drinking out of a hard liquor bottle while she was driving and not able to stay between the lines in two lanes. As we moved from city to city I was told that I would have to hang up on Grand Prairie Police and call Arlington Police and we had to start all over.

It's been reported that someone in the SUV did make 911 calls. Clearly the guy's tire was slashed during the initial stop and he freaked out and drove off. You can see that he was driving on a rim on the rear-right side at the very end and the Rover is leaning to the right quite a bit.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have read tons of articles on this. A few report that the guy that stopped in front of the SUV and was "bumped" was the one that got up and slashed the tires. The family of the guy that was run over claim that he was helping the guy that got bumped. But, if you watch the video closely it looks like the guy that was run over was in front of the vehicle on the passenger side. So, if he was helping the guy originally involved in the accident then what was he doing on the passenger side?

Like you Steve I have been in situations on the freeway where I had to call the police. Luckily in Michigan the state police have jurisdiction on the freeway. If you call 911 you are routed to the state police dispatch, they will contact local police if they can not get a car there quickly. But, it does take some time
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

10. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Does New York have that large a problem with unlicensed vehicles on the streets?
    I know locally authorities have been towing vehicles for license and inspection infractions much more than they used to.
    Normally around here no license means no insurance, which means its the officers discretion to tow.

I know what your saying about the 911 calls and traveling through different jurisdictions, Ive had exactly what you describe happen one night on I20 from Fort Worth to Arlington to Grand Prairie. A few weeks later while reporting a reckless driver/hit and run they automatically transfered me from department to department. They have the ability to do this, not sure what situations dictate they use this system though.