1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Street Biker Gang Attacks Family in Range Rover

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by reggiecab2000, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Of course it's easy to play desktop vigilante ... I suppose that my reaction would be different if it actually happened and I were just merely inconvenienced by this type of thing going on.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sometimes the most unassuming people when placed in situations can be the most dangerous, I learned that as a kid a few times when both my parents were placed in situations where they had to protect their children. Once with my mom and twice with my father, even calm and level headed people can react in ways you never expect.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, but my sense of "justice must be served" will quickly be balanced against my level of "need to not have attention drawn to myself" ... It's easier to get work done when you're in the shadows.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

So it looks like there were at least 5 off duty cops and and few correctional officers in that group of bikers:grrrrrr:

One is supposedly an undercover cop so based on what he was undercover for (was he with people he was undercover for etc) he might get a pass, but all the others, definately not.
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Active Member Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just read an article that said one of the members of the biker group was an undercover cop and there were several off-duty cops in the group as well.
  6. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

This should totally surprise me, but unfortunately it doesn't.

If it were me I'd have driven the wheels off that range to the closest station.
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

He did. Not any rubber left front right. Right rear shredded. Problem he ran into was getting off the freeway but who knows how far he could have kept going
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I just read an article about the undercover officer, even if he gets his superiors to believe that wasnt him on video he still has issues that he didnt report the incident for three days, since he admitted being there, which evidently still leaves him in trouble.
    Who you gonna believe? Me? Or your lieing eyes?
    I guess the New York District Att. is taking this very serious.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

It's getting bad.. and Ugly...
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Well if any off-duty(not undercover) officers were involved they should be charged because I know most dont have a problem flashing their badges at any other time for their own convenience.