Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Street Bikes ~ Anyone who know anything about street bikes? Help me

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ahmitchell1, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a Daytona 675' it's got a 180 rear. My roommate(very hard headed and relatively new to bikes, I have 6 years over him and most of mines on a track ). Anyway he is sitting here telling me I need to switch to a 190 but I keep explaining to him I will lose handling. I want him to read this post so hell stop
  2. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The answer is to stay with the tire size that was on the bike when manufactured. All manufacturers go to extreme lengths to determine all variations of design for the optimal performance of the machine they are providing the customer. In other words, changing the tire size will negatively affect the performance and handling. A perfect example is all the custom V Twins with the 280 to 330 tires on them. If you try to corner a bike with these is almost impossible at any speed. The wider the tire the harder to turn.
  3. ahmitchell1

Thank you, you made some points I didn't, I knew I was right but he so hard headed hes gotta have more than me tell him otherwise, I think I'm gunna let him put a 190 on his and see if he can keep up in the twisted even tho my bikes a torque machine so he barley can to begin with
  4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Not much up on your style of bike. My is just a Schwinn and it is pretty old. Havent rode for quite sometime as the bike has a weight limit of 400 pounds, so I have to lose a little weight then learn how to ride again. :rofl:
  5. ahmitchell1

Haha I like every style. My next bikes gunna be a bobber
  6. Red Z71 Max

No matter what you ride, you have to be extremely careful. There are a lot of people that fail to respect the rights of motorcyclists. I'm not sure about where you live, but here in South Carolina it is imperative to drive expecting the worst out of every driver in your surroundings. If you don't do this your chances of being involved in an accident or even worse is inevitable.
  7. ahmitchell1

I go to school in bama but Georgia is home, I live on lake hartwell right on the ga/sc border so I understand. There's two kinds of riders, ones who've been down and one who will go down. I'm one who's been down and seen many go down. I wear a helment even when I'm in south Carolina
  8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

^^^^

why i dont have a bike, and never will. I know myself well enough to know that me + motorcycle = bad things.

Alex
  9. Red Z71 Max

Im going out for a ride tonight on the old Harley. If you don't see anymore posts from me in the next few days, you will know it didn't go as planned. Just joking. I ride very careful and try not to put myself in any bad situations!!!!
  10. ahmitchell1

Living in myrtle has to be amazing place to ride, be safe and have fun.