Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Street Bikes ~ Anyone who know anything about street bikes? Help me

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ahmitchell1, Mar 26, 2012.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have to disagree with Red. I have a 200 on the rear of my 06 street glide. It rides better than the 01 fatboy I had with a 160 (i think that is what it had). I will agree that there is a sweet spot though. The 280's and 300's are way to wide. I don't think that little bit of a change will be that bad. I had a GSXR 750 and went one size up on the rear and liked it. But it depends on your ridding style.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

hmmm I drive a truck so i can take Mystic the big white dog where ever i travel, she is not a fan of Bikes tends to bark at them,, she dose have a little more puppy respect for Harley's, the rest are just Japanese motor cycle road wax ,,, but thats just her opinion.. not mine....:lol:

3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ride more on the edge than center. No chicken strips for me I grew up racing buells, I think my bike might confuse your dog dirty dog, it ain't jap it's British

4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

As has been echoed here, you have to be extremely careful when making any modification like that to what came factory on the bike. Everything about the bike AND rider style have to be taken into account with everything since any little change can make a huge difference on such a small machine. (small comparatively to the trucks we adore on here.) Even if your friend is right about what may or may not have worked for him, that doesn't mean it's right for you or your bike. I think you're right to disagree.

5. ahmitchell1

Thank you, he said its cuz he is l
    bigger than me even tho I'm 6'3 230 he's just wide. I would lose Alot of quickness on direction change

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Red, I didn't know you were a biker. I was too for many years and like you said I was careful and drove defensively then one night coming home from a friends house I had a big deer run out on me, I hit him in the head with my shoulder a 65 MPH needless to say the deer died from a broken neck and I eat 150 feet of pavement. I kind of gave up the bikes then, just glad to be alive. You know what you speak of on the bikes and the tires, good advise. :glasses:

7. ahmitchell1

Dang I can understand, that sounds horrible. I've never hit anything did get pushed into a retaining wall by a girl in a corolla. Shattered my knee cap and tore my leg up. I had my leathers on which probably saved all the skin on my body.