1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strobe Lights....

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by DSpivey, Jun 4, 2009.

1. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

I have some cheap strobes i bought from the local advance auto parts store. Just wondering, how do you go about hooking these 12v strobes that i wanna put in my headlights to a toggle switch?:glasses:
  2. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Are these the somewhat inexpensive ones that fit in a hole with a rubber grommet?
  3. Project1

Project1 New Member

i would think if they are the thin rubber slip ones you would just half to drill a hole aout the size of the strobe and glue it in or something then run some wire from your batt to switch to lights to ground and thats about it
  4. Springthing

That's the kind I'm thinking as well - look to see what the size of the rubber bushing is, drill the hole, put RTV silicone and you should be good to go
  5. DSpivey

DSpivey New Member

yes those are the ones i have.....they have the little rubber bushing on them. I think they"re like streetglow or something like that. I want to mount the toggle switch in my dash i just dont know what wire i have to run to the toggle switch.
  6. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

Here are some pics of mine. They are Whelen LED's

Tail light
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Head light
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I will try and get a pic of my switch box for you.
  7. Springthing

I don't have the time to have a look and give you some links right now but have a search for "light relay" and choose to look through the entire posts and you should see quite a few posts come up. Look for posts with titles like "fog lights to my headlights" "fog to drl" etc etc. There are quite a few posts and some with good diagrams. Instead of putting the fog lights in, substitute those to the strobes.

Good luck,
  8. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Do you have just the lights, or is there a control box as well? I don't remember those lights being self-contained.
    What wires do you have?
  9. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

10. Project1

Project1 New Member

should be as simple as running your own power wire to the battery or fuse box under the hood to that switch panel then your strobes seem to be pre wired to the switch panel