Stuck Again!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by unplugged, Jun 8, 2007.

1. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Not a very flattering photo. It's a picture of a Jeep viewed through my rear view mirror. I was crossing the Santa Ana river during a 4wd training class and I got bogged down. The instructor was flexible and switched from the river crossing course material to the recovery portion. My nickname at work is "riverkid" :rofl:
    [​IMG]

2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sucks. Looks like it could have been a fun class.

Were you driving your work truck?

3. unplugged

Had to get her wet

Yeah, she was a water virgin.....I had to get her wet!

4. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Damn! Swamped again! She wasn't fussy on a mouth full of water I take it. :no:

5. unplugged

Got her wet to the running boards, nothing in the cab and the engine never quit. A winch and soft pedaling in reverse got her out in no time.:great:

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

At least you stayed dry inside, that's what counts. :)

7. unplugged

Soggy socks

Yeah, but since I was the one stuck it seemed only fair that I drag the line from the fairlead to the submerged hitch on my truck. I happened to be wearing 'zipper leg' pants, so I only got my boots wet. :yipi:

8. TrailLeadr

You should probably keep a pair of hip waders in your off-road/safety kit.

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I can see how that would be embarassing but this spring I got my truck stuck in my front lawn. IT WASNT EVEN WET but it was a 2 wheel driv truck! I had to call my buddy to drag me out with his jeep.

10. TrailLeadr

That stinks. I remember getting stuck in my c10 on a fairly level road (minor incline) that had an ice patch. I had to stop right where the ice was (stop sign), and when I tried to go again the truck wouldn't budge. The incline was hardly even noticeable, but it wasn't enough to make the truck roll backwards so I could get off the patch. It was kind of embarrassing. My gf (now wife) kept saying, "I thought trucks don't get stuck"
    I thought she honestly believed that, but looking back, I can see she was busting my agates.