1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stuck Again!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by unplugged, Jun 8, 2007.

1. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Not a very flattering photo. It's a picture of a Jeep viewed through my rear view mirror. I was crossing the Santa Ana river during a 4wd training class and I got bogged down. The instructor was flexible and switched from the river crossing course material to the recovery portion. My nickname at work is "riverkid" :rofl:
    [​IMG]
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That sucks. Looks like it could have been a fun class.

Were you driving your work truck?
  3. unplugged

Had to get her wet

Yeah, she was a water virgin.....I had to get her wet!
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Damn! Swamped again! She wasn't fussy on a mouth full of water I take it. :no:
  5. unplugged

Got her wet to the running boards, nothing in the cab and the engine never quit. A winch and soft pedaling in reverse got her out in no time.:great:
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

At least you stayed dry inside, that's what counts. :)
  7. unplugged

Soggy socks

Yeah, but since I was the one stuck it seemed only fair that I drag the line from the fairlead to the submerged hitch on my truck. I happened to be wearing 'zipper leg' pants, so I only got my boots wet. :yipi:
  8. TrailLeadr

You should probably keep a pair of hip waders in your off-road/safety kit.
  9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I can see how that would be embarassing but this spring I got my truck stuck in my front lawn. IT WASNT EVEN WET but it was a 2 wheel driv truck! I had to call my buddy to drag me out with his jeep.
  10. TrailLeadr

That stinks. I remember getting stuck in my c10 on a fairly level road (minor incline) that had an ice patch. I had to stop right where the ice was (stop sign), and when I tried to go again the truck wouldn't budge. The incline was hardly even noticeable, but it wasn't enough to make the truck roll backwards so I could get off the patch. It was kind of embarrassing. My gf (now wife) kept saying, "I thought trucks don't get stuck"
    I thought she honestly believed that, but looking back, I can see she was busting my agates.