1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stuck in 2nd Gear

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ctys20, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ctys20

ctys20 New Member

Hi everyone

I just finished installing a rebuilt 4L60e into my 2000 Silverado. The truck drove fine for the first 50 miles or so. Now, while in drive I only get 2nd gear, 3rd is second, and reverse is fine.

I'm also getting an occasional shudder while coming to a stop.

CEL is not on. The tranny came with a 3 year warranty which is why I bought it.....but I dont want to pull it out again.

Is there anyway to over-ride this temporarily? The shudder really has me worried.......I'm thinking torque converter.

Fluid level is fine and I checked the wiring harness, ect.

2. ctys20

ctys20 New Member

Just a quick update (and I see I'm talking to myself here) my rebuider says it sounds like a shift solenoid problem and they'll send out two fresh ones.

That means I get to drop the pan. And since I dont have the time at the moment (the whole point of buying from a rebuilder was to not have these problems) it'll just have to wait for a bit.

3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

If ya really wanted to make sure that's the problem before they get there... Take the truck and get it scanned for codes....
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ditto, Get the truck scanned before you drop the pan! Post the codes here and we'll help you find the problem.