1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stuck in 4x4

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by normal_deviation, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Hey all, decided to throw my truck in 4wd today to keep everything moving smoothly.... to my surprise, I had an awful whine comin from the front of the truck. Not your normal 4x4 whine when turning, but much worse. Half a turn on the wheel was quite loud so I didn't turn anymore. I stopped to put her back in 2wd and it would not go. So I shifted the t-case into neutral then back to 4wd. Tried shifting to park and the tranny was grinding. Finally after a few more tries it went back to 2wd. I drove for 5 minutes and decided to try again. It came out of 4wd but is makin some strange noises. Anyone else have this problem? .... 2009 silverado ext, 4.8, manual t-case, tow package ... only 8200k's on the truck.
  2. Truck is back to normal, totally my fault for engaging 4x4 on pavement I think. I was allways told its good to run it once and a while to keep things moving. Apparently not LOL.