Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Stuck in Gear

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by dutzowmo, Nov 17, 2008.

1. dutzowmo

dutzowmo Rockstar 100 Posts

About once a month my truck will refuse to shift into first gear when taking off. When sitting a stop light, then taking off the truck will start to take off in 2nd gear then shift hard back down into first. Is this a computer problem or what?

2. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

What year truck? and do you know what trans is in it?

3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like a computer problem in the tranny. That's just weird.

4. daddytech

daddytech Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I had this problem in a 1989 S-10 blazer I had. I had the transmission rebuilt because of this, the repair tech told me it was the synchro mesh in the transmission that was causing the problem. I am not a transmission guy myself so i really don't know if they lied to me or not but once it was rebuilt I never had that problem again. Just for good measure once the transmisson was rebuilt I put in a new clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing too so it was like a new truck again once we were both done with our individual parts of that repair. saved me having to go back and tear everything out again at a later time when the old clutch went out. that transmission was heavy in that truck even though it was a 2wd and i really didn't care to have to take that thing apart again if i didn't have to