1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stuck master window switch in Traverse

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I think the wife spilled something on the driver's door power window control box. So now, the rear passenger side window can't be rolled down from the driver's door contol box. :|

Well, I've been able to do it a couple of times when I push down and backwards.

Anyhow, I do think that it got slightly gummed up in there. I'm thinking I can take the whole unit apart ... not sure what to clean it up with. Thoughts? Wonder if I can just spray something on there too see if it breaks up before I tear it apart.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. ChevyFan

To add to this, the Window is fine and the switch for that window on that door works fine.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

I used MAF cleaner to clean my electrical contacts (windows and side mirrors) as I was having issues with them working erratically or in the case of my passenger side mirror, not working at all. I took out my armrest cover and separated the contact points to do this (only took a couple of minutes). I'm not sure if the MAF cleaner is the right way to go, but it removed all of the gunk and did not harm any of the electronics, rubber, etc., and now everything works great.
  4. ChevyFan

MAF cleaner like this? Never used it myself. It's largely a sensor cleaner? Will it break down dried diet coke I wonder?

[​IMG]
  5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

Yep, that's it...and in fact, I just checked my garage and that is the exact brand name I used as well.

It breaks down all of the garbage/gunk that goes through your air intake, so it should work for Diet Coke....just be thankful it wasn't Coke Classic, as the sugar could really cause a sticky mess.
  6. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts

Funny how your wife must have spilled something but you know exactly what it was... Thats all right we all do a great job turning things around blaming the other half for things.:lol:

One thing Im surprised is how many vehicles have the window switches right where they can get wet if you leave your window down and it pours out.. As many times as mine has gotten wet im surpised I havent had problems over the years.
  7. ChevyFan

I don't spill. Hah. I know what she drinks. either diet coke or coke zero.
  8. ChevyFan

I think if it got wet it would be ok. Just got sticky and I remember wiping stuff off, but it worked fine. Then the next day it didn't work.