Stuck on speedometer conversion

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Carcharoth, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Carcharoth

Carcharoth New Member

I am currently building my '72 Blazer. I am putting 4" springs front and rear. I am puttin' the throttled body 350, 700R4 and NP208 from my '91 Blazer into the '72 blazer. I have everything squared away but I am stuck on the speedometer. My '91 is electronic and my '72 is mechanical. I have built a few truck in the past 10 years, but this is my first time putting a fuel injected engine in an older mechanical fueled vehicle. Does anybody know of a way around my speedometer problem that wont cost me 300.00 or more dollars?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the Site.......As this is the Member Introduction Section of the forum, it where you tell the other member's a little about yourself and your Ride.......Your question Regarding Speedometer Conversion, will Receive more Advice/Help under the Tech Section of the Forum.....

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! x2 on posting on the Tech Q&A (if you have not done so already), as many of us who participate in Members Intro area are not techs/mechs. I wish I could help you, but I am definitely not qualified. Good-Luck!!!

4. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! Definitely post in the tech sections. You will get a lot of help I am sure. Illinois really that bad?