1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Student Suspended Over Mexican Flag

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bigdaddy77084, May 7, 2010.

1. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Federal Regulation dictates no U.S. Goverment facility may fly another goverments flag higher than the U.S. flag.
    Additionally you cannot fly a state flag higher than the U.S. flag.
    Maybe this school principle needs a lesson in flag ettiquet, he shouldve at least googled it before allowing them to fly the flag so he'd know what was right.
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Seems it's very American to be un-American lately.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Watch FOX news, they have a young Hispanic girl in Ca. protesting about Cinco De Mayo "we have a right to celebrate our National Holiday" you sure do, but thats a national holiday for Mexico so if your attending a Ca. public school your either a U.S. Citizen or an illegal immigrant, neither U.S. or Mexico recognize dual citizenship.
    If your a U.S. Citizen it's not your National Holiday, if your an Illegal Immigrant that isnt one of the rights your granted.
  5. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I asked the boss if we was getting the 5th off, And he told me to get f'ed..
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

lol.....but but boss.....It's a holiday.:rules:

I want chinese new year off, and I think maybe June 12th, which is Russia Day
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It's not even a Mexican holiday......
  8. rustyk2

rustyk2 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

What is wrong with people in this country? Are we so afraid of offending everyone else that we sacrifice our own values? If the CA girl wants to celebrate a Mexican holiday, do so in Mexico. I'm sure no one will raise a fit over it. As stated earlier, its a Mexican celebration, NOT American.
  9. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2... This is over the top. I do not actually have a problem with the flags of other counties being flown to represent a differnt cultures holiday to teach our children about differnt cultures in the world, however. The amount of illegal immagrants and the imagration debate that schooll was just asking for it. I am all for LEGAL immigration. As long as you want to be an American! All of this is going to come to head becuse the silent majority is getting a little bit louder with each outrage.....
    Last edited: May 8, 2010