stuff not working...fuse?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nabisco_12, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Seriously...

2. badss98

badss98 New Member

For some reason it will not usually work with just battery disconnected I tried it and it was a no go, there is a right and left ecm fuse and it needs to reprogram but not loose total power to computer

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

@badss98, I might buy your fuse theory if you were talking about the Body Control Module (BCM) and not the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The PCM should not impact things like windows, or seat (maybe the seat of your pants, but not the seat you sit in).

I don't have a wiring diagram for that truck, but it probably has a fuse panel inside the ruck. The internal fuse panel usually controls the "creature comforts" things in the cab. This panel is fused from a large (size and amperage) fuse in the main panel under the hood. Check the big fuse.

4. rg79

rg79 New Member

If you continue to have problems. Check the circuit breakers in the panel on the drivers side of the dash. If you have memory power seats, There is a whole list of things that go wrong. The most common is the module under the seat has a massive "brain-fart" and will need to be replaced.