1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

stumped after engine swap ~ 5.3 to 4.8 in 2006 Z71

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by sheldon70, Sep 18, 2013.

1. sheldon70

sheldon70 New Member

I changed out my 5.3 to a 4.8 in my 2006 z71 it will turn over but will not fire have already changed out coil packs any suggestions would be appreciated
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We might need more info on this one. Did you change the ecm? did you have it reprogrammed? How is the fuel pressure?
  3. sheldon70

sheldon70 New Member

Has got good fuel pressure. No didn't know I had to change the ecm also think security system may have faulted out because when I turned the key over lights went to flashing and horn honking
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hopefully someone else can help here. I am pretty sure that the ECM control timing, fuel delivery, and a bunch of other things. I am going to move this thread into the power train sub forum to get you better results
  5. sheldon70

sheldon70 New Member

Thank you for your help
  6. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I understand that you are looking for assistance in resolving your vehicle issue yourself and I might not be able to give you any technical advice. If you find that you cannot resolve this vehicle concern yourself, I am happy to assist with any general questions or concerns you may have.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  7. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

with the security light on the vehicle will not start. now I do not understand why an engine swap would cause the security to be activated.

since the engine is cranking then I would measure the fuel pressure. engine swaps could mean many things . give details about the replacement engine . what you did to do with this swap ? engine come with manifolds intake exhaust/throttle body/same year or what year ? injectors /coils with engine or swapped stupid stuff like this .....
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

@sheldon70 has the engine ever run in the truck?
  9. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

make sure your getting spark and fuel first off. and id look intom a pcm or a tune.... also what did u do a 5.3 to a 4.8???