1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stupid AC again

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MauryFrench, Jun 26, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. MauryFrench

MauryFrench New Member 100 Posts

Okay, here's the latest. All parts have been changed under the hood. I installed a new condenser, we evacuated the system, and charged it up. Pardon me if I don't state this completely correctly, but my suction line is running at 60-70 PSI and its not cooling very well. By A/C guy tells me it should be running no more than 40 in this instance.

Any ideas why its doing this? This same compressor worked fine before I changed the Condenser. My A/C guy bro in law is an expert on the systems from a test bed perspective, but is not sure why this system would be doing this.
  2. BASSIST

BASSIST New Member 100 Posts

Did you change the Orifce tube when you changed the condenser? It may be plugged
  3. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

may be over charged let some freon out if they are over charged they will not cool.bring it down to 45 on the low.
  4. MauryFrench

Yes sir, new Orifice tube. Came with the condenser actually.
  5. MauryFrench

Is the 'low' the same as the suction? Man, I never wanted to learn this much about A/Cs. I sure am looking forward to that lottery win.
  6. MauryFrench

Okay, I see the Low side is the suction side. I know we did not have much freon to over fill with, and the air from the vents never really cooled, so I suspect it doesn't have to much. I see this on another site, and am flagrantly stealing it for conversation purposes. Of course I do not have an expansion valve so I will assume orifice tube could be substituted here even though I have a new one. Since I have a brand new condenser, I wonder if there can be any issues there?

High Suction Pressure

1. 1. Loose expansion valve
      2. Overcharged system
      3. Expansion valve stuck open
      4. Compressor reed valves
      5. Leaking head gasket on compressor
    Repair
    1. Tighten valve
    2. Remove some refrigerant
    3. Replace expansion valve
    4. Replace reed valves
    5. Replace head gasket
  7. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

either your comp is bad or your dryer is bad if your compressor was good i would change the dryer the sack in side may have colapsed.