1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stupid Mexican Built Avalanche [Expied Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by 2004Avalanche, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004Avalanche

2004Avalanche New Member

Poured down rain this morning. Windsheild wipers worked great all the way. Untill I parked and tried to turn them off. They won't go off. Even with the switch in the off position they are staying on. Someone please help. where do I need to start to figure this out. To turn them on/off I have the circle band thing that goes around my turn signal lever.

its a 04 avalanche. They do turn off when I turn the ignition key off. But with key turned to power, the wipers won't turn off. The delays are not working either. Its only going normal speed or super fast. So when I have the switch set to slowest delay, the wipers are still going a steady normal speed.
  2. James1979

James1979 New Member

I am having a similar issue with my '04 Silverado. I had noticed lately that the intermittent function, after making a cycle, would sometimes cycle the wipers immediately after. At first I thought I was crazy, but last night on my drive home (fortunately in the rain), the wipers would not turn off. As above, I could select HIGH speed, but no other function worked. They were stuck on Normal speed. I didn't fiddle with them till I got home (afterall it was pouring out at the time and didn't want to risk not having wipers in the rain.) They eventually turned off but had been in the "off" position for about 20mins while driving. I turned them on and off and they worked fine, I suspect this issue will reoccur soon. I had read in other sites something about this being triggered by using the wash function (which I had done before I experienced the problem)

Ironically I suffered a similar condition years ago on my old 81 Grand Le Mans, however that was related to a worn out cog on the motor that triggered the wipers to come on when pushing in the wash funtion. The last cog that would kick off the wipers would not catch on its own, forcing a stop on the side of the road and a screwdriver to click it over.

I suspect the issue now is related to the electronics that now control this function not a mechanical system.

Any tips?
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is the reason i got rid of my dodge but those wiper had a mind of there own they would change speed or not work at all but the issue was in the lever tht controlled them i could flash my high beams and make them work for a few seconds or windsheild wiper would come out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.