1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stupid NW Bill proposal that would affect truck/SUV owners

Discussion in 'North America - Southwest USA' started by Kraziken, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

This bill has no regards in to what kind of gas mileage a engine gets, and seeks to punish people who own large displacement vehicles.

No regard to whether the large vehicles are used for what they are intended (carrying 6+ passengers or cargo).

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=6900&year=2008

Write your senator to voice your opinions.
  2. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

down with moronic,communistic government!!!!!
  3. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I clicked on the page but I couldn't pull up a bill on that landing page.
  4. Kraziken

Kraziken Rockstar 100 Posts

From the link, if you click on "view original bill" it will have a PDF of the file.
  5. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

So lets see if I get this right homes are in foreclosure, people loosing jobs left and right,what jobs that are out there dont pay much, taxes are on the rise and these idiots are sooo worried about our trucks . Unbelievable.
  6. Dj Friction

Dj Friction Rockstar 100 Posts

Same Old Stuff

Well ......That's the Washington Governement..........

We already have the highest gas tax in the nation..........and pushing the highest gas prices........

The highest minimum wage ..........

So why not tax the vehicle's that we drive........$400 for my surburban 7.4

Washington is one of the biggest buyers of Trucks in the country.......

Go figure.............Lets just figure out how to get more money from our residents.......

PS Our governess...has the highest state surplus in the country.......Go Figure....
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I moved out of Washington for a number of reasons. I still love the people, the scenery, the food, the outdoor activities ... but the politician and policies were killing me. I just wonder how long they can keep pushing everything higher and higher before it breaks the economy up there?
  8. Dj Friction

Dj Friction Rockstar 100 Posts

Steve..........

well it's a backassword approach........The put this mandatory minimum wage increase each year for the past 3 yrs ....which has created the highest wage in the states........

So they think they can just keep getting it back in Taxes...........

I just read today that the Governor sent to state a surplus budget of 1.2 billion......and the state wanted a 1 billion surplus...........

But just keep raising taxes.............

And by the way..........She was warning to tighten up.........WTF.......WHO.......THE STATE>>>>>>>>

HN.........US!!!!!!!

Thank god your out!!!!!

LOL
  9. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree Washington has gotten so expensive to live in. If it werent for family I would have moved a while ago.
  10. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Highest minimum wage in the nation, highest fuel prices in the nation, a proposed bill for license fees based on engine displacement, I read today they are considering toll booths to collect funds for bridges and road repair (not unheard of elsewhere but there has to be an end sometime).