1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stupid question from newbie about location of Vapor Canister 1995 K1500 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by zenman4711, Apr 16, 2013.

1. zenman4711

zenman4711 New Member

Hi All,

New to the site and have a basic maintenance question about a 1995 K1500 Suburban. I told my mother-in-law I would help get her old truck past SMOG and it came back as needing a new Charcoal Canister (which the guy wanted $280 for). I can get one at NAPA for $80. My question is where is the Charcoal/Vapor canister located? Must be fairly easy to replace as the SMOG guy only wanted around $30 in labor to replace it. Any help greatly appreciated.
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I'd start looking under the hood, try the passenger side in front of the wheels (I think that was where it was on my '96). Black plastic.
  3. zenman4711

zenman4711 New Member

Thanks. For some reason I thought it would be near the fuel tank or filler cap along the frame rail. Just popped open the hood and saw something that looked like the replacement part on the drivers side.
  4. RayVoy

That's probably it, should be an easy change.
  5. zenman4711

zenman4711 New Member

Do you remember if I need to remove anything from the bottom by the wheel to disconnect it?

Thanks.
  6. RayVoy

I tried to find an exploded parts diagram, but no luck.

Is there a threaded hole in the bottom, or do you think it's held with a band clamp?