Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by MWright936, Mar 31, 2008.

1. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Ok, I have a question that is probably not a smart one, but I sure don't know the answer. How do I know if my truck is the new or classic body style? I tried doing some searches online with no luck. Can someone tell me how to tell or show me pictures of the difference? Thanks!
  2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You can decode the VIN, do a search on the forum there are different topics about VIN decoding. By the way there are no stupid questions :lol:
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

the Classic body styles ran from 1999 or 2000 to 2007, and the new body style came out in 2007.5.
    Because yours is like my 2006 body style, it is the Classic. the new body style for 2007.5 & 2008 look like this...

[​IMG]
  4. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys! :great:
  5. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you head over to any other gm truck sites their a little more complicated. The 99-07 is the NBS (new body style) and the 07-08 NBS is the NNBS ( new new body style). The reason they did this is they got use to calling the 99-07's the NBS truck compared to the 96 and older and they didn't want to change all the names. Confusing I know. :gasp:
  6. dwill3015

It would have been nice in 2007 to just introduce the "New Body Style" as a 2007 and leave the left-over 06's alone instead of pushing them into 2007 because the differences between the two are so great. I'm not sure you can even call a 2006 and older Silverados "Classic" because the name did not exist untill the new body style was introduced for 2007.5 then that became the Silverado, and the 2007 became the "Classic". My fist truck I started driving when I got my license 26 years ago was a 1965 GMC, Now that was a classic!
  7. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know alot of people that like the classic body style of the 07. I'm a fan of the NBS which is why I bought mine. Ford did the same thing in 04 with their NBS. Most times people are able to buy a brand new truck of the same year for a couple thousand less if they go for the older body style.
  8. BigRed009

BigRed009 New Member

First post! I'm not a big fan of the newer body styles, I like the "Classic" versions. As mentioned above, there's no real reason to name the previous model a classic, it's only because Chevy wants the newer body styles to have the Silverado name.
  9. Duramax04

Duramax04 Rockstar

X2 BigRed, the new body style hasn`t growed on me yet either. I think maybe if they would do something different with the front bumper it would help the looks. Maybe in time i will learn to like it.
  10. dwill3015

I only like new body style Silverados that have been accessorized. When they are stock they look like the wheels are too small . ESP. The HD's look more like Transformers.good looking trucks when lifted though