Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Stupid stupid stupid people!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Mean_Green_95, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, today, at work, the first truck I pulled in was an 07 F-150. It need the right rear tire patched because of a nail. The first thing I noticed was that the tires were Perelli's, so I thougt:
    1. This guy wears out tires fast
    2. This guy is an idiot since the truck only had 20K on it.

I pull the valve, let out the air, break the the beads and start to take the tire off the rim. I pulled the out side bead off the rim, no problem. I got to pull the inside bead off the rim, and we had a problem. About half way through the process I hear a loud pop and see something hit the floor. Turns out this truck was equipped with band sensors. For those that don't know what a band sensor is, it is a tire pressure monitor that instead of using the valve stem as a mount, using a metal band to hold it to the rim. Here's the odd part. Instead of being held in place with a metal band, this thing is head in place with 3' zip ties and duct tape! Remember I said this truck had some after market tires, well the shop that put them on had broken his sensor and replaced it this way. I called the owner of the truck. Thinking he would be furious, he calmly said ok, and hung up the phone. They guy new, and didn't even care. Man, the nerve of some people. I bet he knew too and didn't tell us because it is illegal to work on a vehicle with a broken TPMS.:grrrrrr:

2. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ouch, hope it works out. Good luck!

3. Mean_Green_95

its ok, it wasn't considered my fault since the sensor had been tampered with...

4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

At least the customer didn't try to blame you. I've heard of tons of horror stories that go that route.

5. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

I used to repair business machines... One day I went to an office and the lady said her calculator "suddenly stopped working". I turned it over to remove the screws and a bunch of coffee came spilling out! I looked at her... She said "The janitor must have done that!"

Then here some of these clever people decided to do a bit of electrical wiring...

[​IMG]

And my all time favorite is when some people just can't manage to think ahead and they get a hold of a chainsaw...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxwYTsmNCoQ"]YouTube - tree felling gone wrong..[/ame]

6. Mean_Green_95

lol, those phucking tards

7. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

If that cord was not plugged in please do it.

8. pontiacGTP123

pontiacGTP123 Rockstar 100 Posts

I hate working with the public.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That made me laugh. Really laugh.

10. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

lol at the tree video hahahaha