1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

sub box for 98 extended cab? anyone?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by kawasaki_kid, Apr 28, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. kawasaki_kid

kawasaki_kid New Member 100 Posts

I am looking to build a sub enclosure for my 98 silv. ext cab. i want to put it under the back seat, but i want to keep the tool box. i am only planning on getting one 10" under there, i decided i dont really use two 10s enough to sacrafice my tool box for them. any body have any pics to show me of yours, built or bought. I will post pics of my box whenever i get it finished. going to change my head unit and components before i take the time to build the sub box.
  2. Project1

Project1 New Member 100 Posts

well measure out the side you want to use and maybe you can fit 2 10s in one box! i just measured out my back seat on my 06 silverado and built to fit
  3. ippielb

ippielb New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

4. kawasaki_kid

thats the plan so far, thats what i did for my 90 S10 reg cab, worked out alright.
  5. zubbiez

zubbiez New Member 100 Posts

box dimensions

what kind of subs are you going to use? it is important to know how much air space your subs need. do you listen to rock or rap music. if you like rock music you should go with a sealed box itll hit harder and a ported box for your beating the hell out of a rubber raft sound type bass. when i go outside ill take a tape measure with me and get you the dimensions of my box and the air volume it has. I only run one ten inch but wouldnt be to hard to just build two boxes
  6. JMPickins09Sierra

JMPickins09Sierra New Member

If you arent sure as to what kind of subs you will use, i have a brand new in the box 10" w1v2. This may be what you are looking for
  7. kawasaki_kid

i am running one Alpine TypeE. i am only running one because i don't want to remove my tool box, which fills half of hte space under the rear seat. I built my S10 box to match the reommended volume for these subs, that box was ported and sounded great in the s10. it doesnt sound like much in the silv.(i laid it down in the back seat untill i build my box. i havent decided weather or not to build ported again. i listen to country for the most part, but cruising i listen to rap/hiphop which is really when you want the most bass.
  8. Frank Duuxx

Frank Duuxx New Member