Sub enclosure 2008 ext cab

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 2k8z71, Feb 22, 2012.

1. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Can you put the add a leaf in without removing the whole leaf spring pack?

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hey bro, have you already purchased your type r subs?

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

was just gonna say that with my box from subthimp I didn't have to buy shallow mounts.. i've got two standard r-10's stuffed under my back seat.. granted, my truck IS a crew cab. but you might compare the two boxes.. it took some finagling but they are definitely in and they sound AWESOME!

3. 2k8z71

From what I understand, the floor on the crew cab is different so it allows for a bigger box. The floor in the extended cabs are oddly shaped. I will be buying my subs when I sell my current 12's and box and also when I get my tax refund

4. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Oh.. yeah i just checked out the difference in the two.. nearly an inch mounting depth. that sucks man.

5. 2k8z71

I've heard that some people raise their seats mounting point up an inch or so to allow for more room. But then, grown ups will find it hard to sit back there lol

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Technically, I guess you not are completely removing all of it, but you are replacing the blocks and the u-bolts, so it's close. I just balanced everything carefully on the floor jack and did not have any problems.

7. 2k8z71

So u don't really have to unbolt them at the ends. Just the u bolts and the center bolt that holds them together?

8. mfleetwood

Nope....just take the pressure off the spring buy using the jack under the differential, switch out the block and u-bolts, and use 2 c-clamps near the center of the springs to hold them in place, which includes your add-a-spring which goes right above the bottom (helper) spring.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  9. 2k8z71

Sounds easy enough

10. mfleetwood

It is.....I wish the rest of the kit went on that easy :glasses: