1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sub to fit under my '04?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by JRD761, Jul 6, 2010.

1. JRD761

JRD761 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2004 with the Extended cab..
    Just wondering what types of subwoofers and boxes I can fit under my rear seats?

I have a $250 gift card to Best Buy and would like to keep it all there.. I already have a Kenwood amp that should be plenty good for it, but can't find anything that will fit under my seat... Any ideas?
    I'm hoping to go with 10" or 12"..
  2. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

i know nothing about how this works with sub enclosures and stuff' but i know its possible to have !10 or 12 inch subs cuz ive seen ppl do it. i thot to make them fit under the rear seats ypu just needed to get a custom made box? or atleast thts what ive seen so far
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

4. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Best buy makes boxes for a reasonable price to go under the seat for either one or two subs, but for the subs they are kind of expensive on prices. But wherever you buy them you will have to get shallow mounts or find a sub with a smaller magnet to fit under the seat because the box at its shortest point will only be about 3.5-4 inches. What kenwood amp do you have? I have the 1800 watt for my 2 12's and it is awesome.
  5. nyterydr1500

nyterydr1500 New Member

i have the same year as you but just gmc and i ran two 10" pioneer shallow mounts with a 1000w amp and it sounds great! to me, 10" sound much cleaner than 12" in trucks. best buy does sell the boxes for your truck like this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atrend+-+10%22+Dual+Sealed+Subwoofer+Enclosure+for+1999+or+Later+GM+Extended+Cab+Trucks+-+Charcoal/9026369.p?id=1218009781156&skuId=9026369&st=subwoofer enclosure&cp=1&lp=9

but they don't sell the pioneers which i highly recommend. you can also try some rockford fosgate shallow mounts.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They might have the Kenwood Shallow subs. Or you might be able to get Alpine Type S Subs from them. If you have the 1800 watt Kenwood amp that amp is good for about 250-300 Watts RMS to each sub so that would be fine...
  7. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yeah make sure the subs can handle the power of the amp. At 2 ohms the kenwood 1800w puts out 450 rms
  8. spazzoid13

spazzoid13 Rockstar

i got my 2x10" box from them, very very snug fit, and absolutely works perfectly.
    i would highly recommend them
  9. riinggao

riinggao New Member

i know nothing about how this works with sub enclosures and stuff' but i know its possible to have !10 or 12 inch subs cuz ive seen ppl do it. i thot to make them fit under the rear seats ypu just needed to get a custom made box? or atleast thts what ive seen so far

:fighting0040:<--- (this is cool!!!)
    puma cat shoes
  10. AL3X

AL3X Rockstar

well one thing is for sure that your going to be able to put a ported box unless u dont want to have your seats down and the other thing too is that your going to have to get shallow mount subs.. one note about putting the box under neath the seat is that if your going to be listening to the radio loud then you should put up your seat because i didnt know but it would get hotter than usual and then it'll just shut down on me so yea just that in note.