1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suburban brake upgrade

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by blcdog, Oct 16, 2009.

1. blcdog

blcdog New Member

I have an 08 Sub LT that i'd like to modify a bit.
    Want to eliminate what I feel is brake fade. What's an easy, inexpensive way to better achieve reduced braking distance? Don't want to change calipers, but lines, pads etc...

Don/t want to spend the farm as I have other mods to do as well. Safety 1st though.
    Thanks
  2. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Take a look at EBCbrakes.com and check out their drilled and slotted rotors and the Yellowstuff brake pads. But if you like and want to buy, then go over to partstrain.com and get your EBC stuff they have great discounts on all EBC stuff!
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

A good set of cross drilled slotted rotors and good pads
  4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Get steel braided brake lines, and replace the flex tubes, about a 100 bucks. Its the best place to start and can often be overlooked. It would be the same as having some awesome processor in your computer and only having dial-up access.