1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suburban cassette in console

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by chew246214, Nov 21, 2009.

1. chew246214

chew246214 New Member 100 Posts

Hello all, I picked up a 2001 suburban it has a factory cd in the dash and a factory cassette in the console by where your hand lays if you leaned on the console while driving... My radio is starting to act up so I was going to replace it with aftermarket but what I want to know is what do you do with the hole in the console, I don't need the cassette and don't want a gaping hole there... do they make a cubby hole for it? I don't ride ems or police anymore otherwise it would have been a perfect spot for a 2 way but I'm stumped what to do with it... Was actually considering locating the new headunit there but then a big hole in the dash... I'm stumped.... any good ideas? pics would be even better..... thanks in advance
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Here is a Couple of Pics of the Cubby Pocket in my truck,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Part number for this pocket is #15958735,the price is around $20.00-$25.00
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  3. chew246214

chew246214 New Member 100 Posts

good to know thanks, I will have to check to see if it fits... (it Should same size cass. deck I assume) The hole is actually where your cupholders would be.... facing up... but size should be the same... BTW jealous of the marlboros there.. just quit smoking again now 8 weeks ago......