Suburban cassette in console

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by chew246214, Nov 21, 2009.

1. chew246214

chew246214 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hello all, I picked up a 2001 suburban it has a factory cd in the dash and a factory cassette in the console by where your hand lays if you leaned on the console while driving... My radio is starting to act up so I was going to replace it with aftermarket but what I want to know is what do you do with the hole in the console, I don't need the cassette and don't want a gaping hole there... do they make a cubby hole for it? I don't ride ems or police anymore otherwise it would have been a perfect spot for a 2 way but I'm stumped what to do with it... Was actually considering locating the new headunit there but then a big hole in the dash... I'm stumped.... any good ideas? pics would be even better..... thanks in advance

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Here is a Couple of Pics of the Cubby Pocket in my truck,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Part number for this pocket is #15958735,the price is around $20.00-$25.00

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  3. chew246214

chew246214 Rockstar 100 Posts

good to know thanks, I will have to check to see if it fits... (it Should same size cass. deck I assume) The hole is actually where your cupholders would be.... facing up... but size should be the same... BTW jealous of the marlboros there.. just quit smoking again now 8 weeks ago......