Suburban Dually Project

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Z_10002003, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Z_10002003

Z_10002003 New Member

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I'm kicking around the idea of turning my 1991 3/4ton 2wd suburban in to a dually with 19.5's. I think if I use a cab and chassis 14 bolt rear end and a 3" body lift, I can get it all in. But I'm not sure what front spindles and hubs I should use. I don't want to use adaptors. Can anyone help me out/let me know where I can pick up the parts?

2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I think for the front, the spindles/hubs are the same as non-dually except the dually adapters are bolted onto the hubs......

I don't think you'll find a dually that DOESN'T have adapters bolted on the front...... (if i'm proven wrong it wouldn't be the first time lol)

I'd just look in the junkyards for a wrecked dually....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  3. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I would love to see a picture of that monster when its done.

4. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Take a look at member Daredevil, he has a dually suburban. It's sick

5. Z_10002003

Z_10002003 New Member

I've been crossing part numbers,and there's none that cross. I think I need 1ton dually spindles, hubs and brakes. I think my control arms will work, but I'm not sure about the ball joints. Thanks though, all help is greatly appreciated!

6. Z_10002003

Z_10002003 New Member

It will be a while before there are pics and a lot of progress, Its hard to find parts in two feet of snow.

7. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

8. mmelsh

mmelsh New Member

everyone. i read some posts about suburban duallys. My wife bought a 1998 GMC 2500 Suburban Dually from the GMC dealership in Downey, CA. brand new and had more options than you can imagine, tv's, dual sunroofs, custom grille, bumpers, PIAA lights, ground effects kit, and much more. Sticker of over $55k. as far as i know, the only dually suburb sold new from a dealer's inventory. we sold it in 2002 to someone up in N. CA. Been trying to find it for a few years now to maybe buy it back. this truck was stared at everywhere we went. we were once pulled over just so the cop could look at the truck. Kee p your eyes out for it if you're in CA. i want to attach a photo but not sure how.

9. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like that is going to be a sharp looking ride! Keep us posted on how things are going! :glasses: