Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Suburban is going under the knife

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Joeairforce, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

You would think..... I'm gonna replace the ESS and see if that makes it go away.... I think that's the cause of it since if that's bad the TCM doesn't know the engine is running...

2. Joeairforce

Well it moved under it's own power for the first time in months today..... It moves.... That's about all I can say at the moment.... I'm pretty sure that ESS I have is bad and that's what won't let it shift more than to 2nd (limp mode)...... It's also throwin a code 24 now too..... I'm gonna hope that one goes away after I get the actual VSS hooked up instead of using the trans rear speed sensor (gotta wire it in)....

3. Joeairforce

Uh oh......

Made a Pull-a-part run today...

But look at the goodies I got :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Joeairforce

Test drove it again today after swapping the rear trans speed sensor and wiring up the actual VSS..... The service engine light is still staying on (I think it's due to a bad ESS) but it drove fine.... Just lacking TCC operation (which is again due to a bad ESS IMO)..... I pretty sure the speedo is way off right now since the DRAC I have came off a 1500 meaning different tire sizes.... So I need to mod the spare DRAC I got today and see if that takes care of the speedo. All in all a pretty good day...

5. ahm1127

ahm1127 Rockstar 100 Posts

Your getting there!

6. Joeairforce

Yup..... Just need a new ESS and it's drivable again....

7. Joeairforce

New (used) ESS on the way. [​IMG]

8. Joeairforce

Got the ESS today and got it installed.... Yay! now I can drive without the Service Engine light on..... Still not sure the TCC is working though.... Might have to replace the temp sensor in the trans.....