Suburban leans about a inch lower on driver side

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Magadith, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Magadith

Magadith New Member

Just like in my title says. Doubtful that its the shocks. The leaf springs look ok but i cant tell if they are the cause. I was thinking if it was the body bushings but the frame is leaning too. I don't know whats the real cause or what i should look for. Any help is appreceated

2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

It sounds to me like your Suburban is going down the road with one person in it the majority of the time. If this is not the case disreguard the rest of my response. Because of this it has caused the suspension to only sag on that side. As has been stated in other threads on this forum suspensions will sag over time. But most vehicles sag across both sides and front to back because they will carry more people than just the driver. I had a friend who had this issue with a Ranger he used to have. Hope this helps.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Park it on flat ground and measure frame to ground at a few spots under the truck, then body to ground at the same spots.
    Should be very close to equal from side to side.
    I'm betting you have a suspension sagging issue which isnt uncommon on Suburbans.
    I dont see a model or year listed but another guess would be 1500 series earlier than 2002.
    If its body sagging theres more than a few manufacturers that offer replacement body pucks and they can be installed in an afternoon with normal hand tools.
    If it's suspension sagging then you need new springs, quite a bit of work and I would recommend replacing everything at once not just the ones sagging.

4. Magadith

Magadith New Member

Its the 98 k2500 4x4.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  5. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Tighten the torsion bar on the drivers side until the distance from the center of the hub cab to the bottom of the fender(straight up). Make both the sides match.

6. Magadith

Magadith New Member

Oh that makes much sense. I will try that. :happy: