Suburban lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ride450r, Feb 24, 2010.

1. ride450r

ride450r New Member

i have a 98 GMC Suburban. i wanna put a lift on it and just have a few concerns. i wanna put 35's on, will a 4 inch lift be enough. or do i need to go to a 6 inch lift? and with either lift do i need to modify the driveshaft and/or steering components. thank u

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I believe you will need a 6" lift to clear 35's without cutting. Not for sure on the older styles, but that's what's required for the newer ones.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have a 1996 K1500 with a Rancho 6" kit with 35s. I had to trim the front bumper a little. Than I installed some chrome molding where we cut the bumper and it looked factory. I run a 10" wide rim.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I forgot to mention on my last post that you do not have to make any drive shaft or steering changes. The Rancho kit comes with everything needed.

5. ive got a 00 suburban ya need the 6inch lift in order to clear those 35's ya want and to trim the front bumper near the tires for tire clearance....