Suburban LT vs. 2011 Sienna

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rossco, Sep 5, 2010.

1. rossco

rossco New Member

I know it sounds crazy but we can not decide. Being a contractor, the Suburban makes sense but the Sienna has lots of features the LT does not.

HELP ME!

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

LT all day long.. The Suburban will be able to tow anything you want and do more. I dont care for toyota (and honestly not many other brands but i can see the upsides to most but toyota is just a badge)
    the Suburban will be good for 300K miles or more happily (the Seinna might be in good shape in 200K my cousin has one and its a rattle trap at 130K) the 4wd will get you where you need to go, and just the size of the suburban allows for more room, and capabilities.
    Plus how can you beat a truck that has been around for 50 years, and counting. also gm offers the 5yr 100K powertrain warranty. which Toyota does not. And pulling up to a job site in a minivan doesnt say a guy who will get the job done where the suburban will say a guy whos willing to work.
    but that is just my opinion.. Yes there may be certain features but a new suburban comes with more gadgets than the international space station.

3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you buy the Suburban and remain a member. :)
    X2 what Murdog said, especially the space station comment.

4. rossco

rossco New Member

thanks

thanks guys,

i think your right and will go with a Lt or Ls and change cloth to leather after the cloth gets munched.

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Go with the Burb. My wife wouldn't drive a Sienna.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'm not as anti Toyota as the rest here, my daily driver is a Tacoma I bought new in 99 and it hasnt given me any trouble in 11yrs and 130K miles, but all luxuries aside that the Sienna offers you'll never be able to carry as much in the Sienna as the Suburban, and the Sienna wont wear as well as the Suburban if you do use it for hauling. Not to mention if you ever need to tow anything the Sienna just cant do that.
    Go with the Suburban, you may regret it at the gas pump but everywhere else you'll know you made the right choice.