Suburban Newbie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Diesel95, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Diesel95

Diesel95 New Member

I have a 95 2500 4x4 with the 6.5 TD. It is a great vehicle so far. I live in South Central Michigan and work in the Metro Detroit area. The Burb I picked up had relatively low miles 117K and bought it out of state. It was fortunately not exposed to the MI winters. My dad had a 454 BB in the 70's that my brother drag raced (got caught, but was the nemesis of the would be local kids from stop light to stop light till then). The baby blue Burb flew (my dad was color blind thought it was white). Funny my brother is now a priest! A gear head priest, a good thing!

I work in Safety/Loss control and enjoy working with my kids on vehicles. This is our first foray into Chevy truck territory. We have some old Dodge powerwagons (3) a ramcharger and trailduster that my oldest is restoring. Our last family ride was a Caddy limo with a 350 with headers and a flowmaster exhaust.

Looking forward to being in a great forum!
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Welcome to GMTC Cool to hear about all your past family vehicles, and about your dad being a priest that loves cars expecially chevy.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to GMTC! Glad to see some more fellow Michiganders around! Sounds like you scored an awesome truck.
  4. Bighornkid

Bighornkid New Member

Hi, Welcome to The Club.
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. donyms

donyms New Member

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:
  7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Welcome! :great: