1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suburban Overload

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mechacode, Jan 21, 2013.

1. mechacode

mechacode New Member

Hi guys, figured I'd join up after visiting during a search for suburban info.

About 5 months ago I picked up a blue '97 Suburban 2wd with 224k on the body and a rebuilt motor+trans. It was a texas truck that made it's way up here with the guy I bought it from, it has yet to see snow! Not a spec of rust on it. It also has the conversion kit which added captains chairs in the middle row and a bigass wood console for the front along with some "mood lighting" on the headliner. Only had one issue with it so far and that's when the engine/trans went back in, they must have routed the trans shift cable wrong which put extra pressure on the shift linkage causing it to snap. She's been parked for the past 3 months awaiting a new steering column.

[​IMG]

The other suburban I picked up is a '95 GMC 2500 4x4 with 245k, a 454, rebuilt trans, brush guard, american racing rims, and some nice grippy tires with about 70% left on them. It has a stutter but I'm hoping some new ignition bits will fix it.

[​IMG]

I think the best part is that I've only got $1.5k into both of them combined! My chevy truck friends went nuts over the first one and went crazy over the second one. The big kicker is that I'm more into cars than trucks.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

both look like they are in excellent shape...you should get away from
    cars and get into Burbs' !!!! Brian from Canada

Welcome to the site also !!!
  3. mechacode

mechacode New Member

I might have to considering these things keep falling into my lap. The current plan is to fix the blue one in spring and have that as my daily and the maroon one will be the winter/tow vehicle for my shop.
  4. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

welcome to the club!
  5. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Welcome! :great:
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Some Very nice Rides.. :great: Was the Blue one a Mark III ?
  8. mechacode

mechacode New Member

The conversion kit stickers inside the door jam say "made in texas", can't remember what else they say but I'll snap a pic next time I'm at the shop. It has the running boards, wood interior enhancements on the dash and doors, captain chairs in the middle row, overhead console that relocates the rear heat/ac controls and has "mood lighting" (controlled by a switch in the floor console), and a massive center console up front made out of wood.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

There were a Ton of Co's that did all the same conversions... Nice...
  10. mechacode

mechacode New Member