Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suburban speakers

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ct9a, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

When I bought the truck, the previous owner had installed a new head unit, amp and subs. I've never been one for lots of bass (country music listener), but it's kind of grown on me (it's nice to out blare some punk kids when they pull up next to me :lol:). However, I noticed that the speakers in the rear doors do not work. I checked to make sure that they were wired into the back of the head unit, and as far as I can tell, they are. The speakers in the way back work. I have no idea when it comes to audio stuff, do I need crossovers, another amp, etc. to get those speakers working? Or is it more likely that the wiring is FUBAR?
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

from the factory the rear door speakers were wired with the front doors(depending on year and factory system). when he installed aftermarket speakers the HU can only power one set thus most likely somewhere they are not connected. your best option would be to put a set of components in the front and those run to a new amp and have the rear doors be wired to the fron output and the back speakers to the rear. Or just not worry the rear door speakers dont really make a whole lot of difference when they are on
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  3. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

LOL. The only thing I really understood was "Or just not worry the rear door speakers don't really make a whole lot of difference when they are on".