1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

suburban vs yukon xl

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kennyb79, Feb 9, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. kennyb79

kennyb79 Rockstar 100 Posts

So with 205,000 miles on my 03 suburban it may be time to retire her. it seems like with the cold and snow a lot of little things have started pop up. ABS lights on, front diff or transfer case is starting to growl, O2 sensor code came on, and the engine doesn't sound the same as it used to when I start it, that may be the A/C pulley. anyway, I love the suburban, its been a great vehicle and I want to get another 03 0r 04 with a lot less miles...but as I'm looking around I'm wondering if there are any differences between the suburban and the yukon XL (not the denali). anybody got any thoughts...are the the same drivetrain, brakes, wheelbearings etc?

2. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi Kenny. I have owned both. Most differences are cosmetic. Drivetrains all the same. Both are great vehicles. I would buy the one that you can get the best deal on.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

They are about the same as said above I'd like to get a 06 Z71 Sub with the chrome roof rack and nerf bars in the Bermuda blue color..