1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Suburban Z71 skid plates

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by carnut802, Nov 28, 2011.

1. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

Question on the Suburban Z71 pkg. skid plates?Will the skid plates have to be removed to do normal service like changing oil and filter plus checking fluid levels in the differentials and transfer case?

Thanks
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

as far as changing oil, no you dont have to remove it, transfer case, yes, front diff i believe so.

Alex
  3. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Makes fluid changes cleaner if you remove them...
  4. janikphoto

janikphoto Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Anyone have pics of these plates on the truck? I want better protection under the suburban, and want to see if the Z-71 had something beefier than a standard k1500 does...
  5. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

pictures of Suburban Z71 skid plates

I like janickphoto have never been able to find pictures of the Suburban Z71 skid plates from underneath the vechicle.Hopefully someone will have them.
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What year Suburban??
  7. carnut802

carnut802 New Member

2011 Suburban skid plates

I can't find any pictures for a 2011 Suburban Z71 pkg. of the skid plates viewed from underneath the vehicle.