1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

subwoofer behind rear seat?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by eroppolo1, Mar 24, 2009.

1. eroppolo1

eroppolo1 New Member

hi im new to the forum i have an 06 gmc sierra 4 door crew cab and was interested in putting one small subwoofer behind the rear seat nothing big i just want a good quality movie theater sound. does anyone know of a decent set up that fits back there pics would be appreciated thank you ethan
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, Ethan.

Actually, this is the problem most everyone has and is the big issue with deep sound - Trying to get a deep sound out of a small package.

I'm sure you will get a lot of help here - I know there are a lot of folks here that have systems in their pickups. In the meantime have a look for shallow subs, small enclosures and/or get component specific at Crutchfield.
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I am not sure how similar the 06 sierra is to the 08, however, I have two 8" L7 kickers in a custon ported box that fool alot of people in to thinking are 10" or even 12".

The key is either find someone who can get every inch of air space with a custom box or go fiberglass under the rear seat.

The enclosure is everything!
  4. reddedsilvy05

reddedsilvy05 Rockstar

hey there welcome to the forum....like everyone is saying, if you want decent sound then go with a shallow mount subwoofer....i have an 05 silverado crewcab with 4 10" Pioneer shallow subs behind my seat and its the best thing i could have done as far as sound....i understand you dont want to get that crazy but you can put a nice 10" pioneer on your back wall and it will sound decent. The model number for the subs i have are the Pioneer TS-SW251...it is a great sub for the price.....if your in SoCal let me know and i can hook you up
  5. etpn13

etpn13 Member

i have the blaupunkt 200a powered 8" sub mounted behind the upper part of the back seat on my 01 ext. cab. has real good lows on rock and country and i dont even have the subwoofer control on my head unit turned halfway up. its real surprising for the room it takes up but its not gonna shake other cars at redlights if thats what ur lookin for.
  6. eroppolo1

eroppolo1 New Member

thanks for all the replies im not looking to be loud or annoying i just want good quality sound and the factory speakers dont really cut it just like every good home entertainment center has a subwoofer. i was thinking about one 8" behind the upper part of the rear seat i do not want to compromise space or comfort i store a good amount of tools under the rear seat already
  7. etpn13

etpn13 Member

thats why i went w/ the powered sub. i have 2 tool boxes and cds under the backseat. didnt loose any storage space. just the back seat only goes up 3/4 of the way when you raise it up and it wont stay up on its own.
  8. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

i got a crewcab sierra but nbs i dont think is the same i got the amp in the back wall of the cab and the subs under the seat nothing crazy but sound good when watching movies on trips here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My friend has two 10's behind his back seat(regular cab truck). They're classified as "thin" subwoofers, they give the same quality of sound, but they're thinner, JL Audio makes a thin wooboower, i think its a 13TW5, and they're fairly large, its a 13.5 inch sub. But that one subwoofer will give huge sound.
    Here's a picture.
    [​IMG]
  10. eroppolo1

eroppolo1 New Member

cool i like the jl subs i think i will check those out